A perennial favourite in the Village Hall, especially on days when the Yorkshire weather drives everyone inside, now you can make our leek and potato soup at home. So simple, but very tasty!
If you’ve made this recipe, why not share a photo of it on social media with the hashtag #kettlewellscarecrow? We’d love to see how you get on!
Enjoying our delicious recipes? Please consider making a small donation to help our village weather the effects of Covid-19.
A traditional favourite: leek and potato soup is the perfect way to warm up on a rainy day.
- 2 lb / 900g potatoes, peeled and cut in 1in/2cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
- Salt & pepper
- Cream to swirl
- Chives or mint to garnish
- Gather together the ingredients and set butter to melt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add thinly sliced leeks & mashed garlic. Saute for 7-8 minutes until soft and sweet, stirring occasionally.
- Add peeled and cubed potatoes.
- Add the stock, give the pan a quick stir, and turn up the heat until the soup simmers.
- Put the lid on and lower heat until it's just lightly bubbling. Gently simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- When all the ingredients are soft, puree with a hand-held blender until nearly smooth.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with cream to swirl and mint or chives to garnish.
Our leek and potato soup is perfect with crusty bread spread with Yorkshire butter, or to make it really special, why not put together some quick garlic croutons while the soup is simmering, ready to sprinkle them over when you serve?
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 7g
Nutritional data provided is a guideline and will vary according to precise ingredients used and how large your home-made portions are.